Saturday, June 14, 2008

Scout Camp

Ken's been at Scout Camp since Wednesday and gets back today (Saturday). The girls and I missed him, so we drove up Friday afternoon for a visit. It was fun to show the girls the campsite and play in the water. Dad even took us boating and the Boy Scouts cooked us some burgers! Maya was having SO much fun that she asked dad if she could spend the night at scout camp with him! What's not too love...boating, tubing, fishing!
My hubby and I....we miss you!!Okay, so I'm including this picture because Maya is holding her first pack of gum that she bought with 'her money.' :) However, I think it's going to be her last pack for awhile, because she didn't quite understand the concept of chewing it and spitting it out when she's done! Needless to say, she has a lot of gum in that little tum! Is it really as bad as our mothers told us?!?! Hope not!
Here are the boys grilling some burgers! The boys do all the cooking for the week. They are such good kids.

5 comments:

Sheri Willardson said...

Hey, looks like fun! Tom has been in scouts/young mens for the last few years too, and they never did anything that fun! (plus we were never invited and I also hate having him gone for very long). I think your little Maya will be ok with the gum-its an old wives tale! My girls swallow gum all the time-I wonder how old they will be before they actually understand how gum works...

Unknown said...

Looks like you all had a lot of fun! Phil says now that Kenny learned how to cook from the scouts we should get together and he can grill for us! haha!!

Babata said...

Jeannette, let's get together for a BBQ! Also, I see that Phil hasn't lost his sense of humor! Smile!

Babata said...

Sheri, thanks for the info on the gum! Good to know that Maya is not the only one!

Collie Dawgs said...

Babata! This is Emmalee Collie...you know me as Emmalee "Hardy"... from back in the days of UVSC basketball! How are you? This blogging thing is funny--I always find someone I haven't talked to in forever. So fun to find you. Your family is DARLING! Our blog is www.colliedawgs.blogspot.com. We live in California now--where both Zac and I grew up. I am still working as a Pharmaceutical rep and Zac is in commercial real estate. We have a two year old daughter--Shae and a 3 week old baby girl Kendyl! Crazy! Keep in touch! Emmalee